- More Ways to Listen You can now hear KMTS on the Pitkin County Translator System! Check us out at these new places on the dial:
Old Snowmass 105.5
Of course, you can still hear us at 99.1 in Glenwood and 99.5 ...
- News, December 6th GW CITY COUNCIL BALKS AT 50 THOUSAND DOLLAR INVESTMENT FOR DOWNTOWN PARTNERSHIP
Glenwood Springs—-For now, the Glenwood Springs Downtown Partnership will have to look elsewhere for 50 thousand dollars. Tom Fleming heads up the non-profit group who’s goal is to promote downtown businesses and spur long term economic growth. Fleming asked the council to make the ...
- News, December 5th FORMER GOCO DIRECTOR TO HEAD UP SAGE GROUSE PLAN FOR STATE
Denver—Governor John Hickenlooper is keeping the promise he made to western slope leaders hoping to find a better solution to the sage grouse protection plan. Today, the Governor chose former Great Outdoors Colorado director John Swartout to coordinate the state effort. Swartout’s job will be ...
- News, December 4th SNOW DAY FOR SCHOOLS UP AND DOWN THE VALLEY
Glenwood Springs—Students from Parachute to Aspen are enjoying a day off from school due to the heavy snow and frigid temperatures. Classes ranging from pre-school to college have been canceled along with several other activities including today’s health insurance meeting at the Hotel Colorado.
MAMM CREEK WATER ...
- Snow Day Closures The following organizations have declared today a snow day:
Aspen School District
Blue Lake Preschool (Holiday Program also Canceled)
CMC Aspen Campus
CMC Edwards Campus (Closing at 3:00 PM)
CMC Roaring Fork Campus (Glenwood, Spring Valley, Carbondale)
CMC West Garfield Campus (Rifle)
CMC Mini College
Garfield County Public Library District
Glenwood Springs Center for the Arts
RE-1 School District (Glenwood – Basalt)
RE-2 School District (Rifle ...
- News, December 3rd GARCO SHERIFF TO MOVE FORWARD WITH 2ND AMENDMENT SUIT AGAINST STATE
Glenwood Springs—Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario says he will continue his 2nd Amendment battle with the state as an individual after a recent court ruling saying the County Sheriff’s of Colorado could not sue to block the new gun laws.
EAGLE COUNTY MURDER SUSPECT REMEMBERS NOTHING
- KMTS Basketball: DEMONS SWEEP DEBUT WITH COAL RIDGE GLENWOOD SPRINGS (12/6/13) — Both Glenwood Springs’ boys and girls teams got off to sizable early leads and withstood second-half runs to defeat Coal Ridge in the Demons’ 2013-14 basketball season openers.
GLENWOOD GIRLS 57, COAL RIDGE 45
Jordan DeCrow picked up two fouls in a scoreless first quarter, but coach Jacky Gaddis gambled on keeping ...
- Sports, December 6th HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL
Glenwood Springs—The Glenwood Demons tip off the season tonight at home against the Coal Ridge Titans. The girls play at 6 o’clock and the boy’s game will follow at 7:30. Both games will be broadcast live on KMTS.
Broomfield—-The Grand Valley Cardinals boy’s team is playing this weekend in the Tiger Tip-Off Tournament ...
- Sports, December 5th HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING
The Glenwood Demons host the Steamboat Springs Sailors and Eagle Valley Devils in a triangular meet tonight at 5.
BEAVER CREEK (AP) – Erik Guay of Canada turned in the fastest time in downhill training today in frigid conditions.Guay found the quickest line through the modified Beaver Creek course, finishing in 1 minute, ...
- Sports, December 4th HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL SCORES
Grand Junction—The Rifle Bears were swept by the Fruita Monument Wildcats last night in a couple of non-league games at Colorado Mesa University. The Lady Bears were on the short end of a 37-23 score in the first game while the Rifle boys fell to the ‘Cats 52-45.
Edwards—The Coal Ridge Titans ...
- Sports, December 3rd LOCAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS RECEIVE POST SEASON HONORS
Glenwood Springs—Glenwood Springs Senior Running Back Henry Hill was named the “Back of the Year” in the Western Slope 3A. Hill led the state in rushing with over 16-hundred yards. Joining Hill on the 1st team all conference squad were fellow Demons Justin Barham, Garrett Lowe, Cole Adams and ...