- Town Moves to Regulate Fracking A front range town has updated its public health and safety code so it can locally regulate the fracking industry.
Erie trustees on Tuesday approved an ordinance allowing the town to consider complaints against fracking-related odors.
The measure is the region’s first step toward local regulation of the fracking industry.
The decision comes two weeks after trustees failed ...
- Colorado Health Care Audit Colorado’s state health insurance exchange is in a position to be financially sustainable through 2019 – but changes to the federal health care law could easily jeopardize that scenario.
That’s according to a state audit presented to lawmakers on Tuesday.
The audit warns that changes to the Affordable Care Act could cut revenues for the state exchange ...
- Support for Beating Victim Residents in Eagle are rallying together to support a local woman who was savagely beaten early this week while doing her job as a bartender.
Locals have started a GoFundMe account for Dita Richterova, as well as a fund at the Brush Creek Saloon in Eagle where she works. Richterova was the only employee in the bar ...
- Carbondale Robber Sentenced One of two culprits involved in an armed robbery of a Carbondale convenience store last winter was sentenced in District Court yesterday.
19-year-old Nicholas Ameral was sentenced to 6 years in prison for robbing the Cowen Center Convenience Store at gunpoint back in February along with his cousin Benjamin Weeks. After the hold-up, when the cousins ...
- Wild Horse Amendment The ongoing battle between advocates for wild horses and those who say the horse population needs to be curbed is likely heading for another showdown if Congress approves revised language in the Interior Department’s 2018 budget that would allow for more horses to be destroyed.
An amendment introduced by Representative Chris Stewart of Utah removed language ...
- Redwine Claims Ignorance During Arrest Bodycam footage released by police in Bellingham, Washington shows Mark Redwine claiming to have no idea why authorities in Colorado would want to have him arrested as officers took him into custody last weekend for the murder of his 13-year-old son Dylan.
The 55-year old Redwine had been a potential suspect in his son’s death since ...
- Navajo Nation Eyes Colorado Land The Navajo Nation has created a committee to look into the purchase of ranchland in Colorado that’s home to two sacred mountains.
Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye believes the purchase of prime land in Colorado would make the citizens of the Navajo Nation whole.
Begaye said on Wednesday that the executive office committee found about 26 square ...
- Swimmer Drowns An investigation is underway after a 40-year-old man drowned in a lake southwest of Grand Junction this past weekend.
Deputy Henry Stoffel with the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office says the man was on a family outing and was swimming across Enoch Lake when he slipped below the surface Saturday.
Stoffel says the lake in Glade Park is ...
- Colorado Medicaid Change Colorado’s Medicaid program is rolling out a two-phase plan to lessen the number of opioid drugs in circulation.
The program will be reducing the amount of opioid painkillers it allows recipients to receive starting in August.
The second phase calls for reducing the total dosage of opioids that all patients can receive.
Medicaid currently won’t pay for recipients ...
- No Charges In Fire No criminal charges are expected to be filed against a mower operator who accidentally sparked a wildfire on the front rage this past weekend.
The Loveland Fire Rescue Authority said Monday that the Spring Glade Fire west of Loveland was started after a tractor mower spindle struck a rock.
Spokesman Scott Pringle says that parts heated by ...
- SPORTS MLB/ROCKIES OPEN SECOND HALF OF SEASON IN NY
New York, NY—Colorado Rockies’ right-handed ace Jon Gray toes the rubber tonight against the New York Mets at Citi Field. The Mets counter with righty Jacob DeGrom. The Rockies are looking to get hot once again after their “June Swoon” that finds them in third place in the ...
- SPORTS MIAMI (AP) — In Tuesday’s All-Star game in Miami, NL manager Joe Maddon’s batting order has Colorado center fielder Charlie Blackmon leading off, followed by Miami’s Giancarlo Stanton as the designated hitter. Washington right fielder Bryce Harper is third, followed by San Francisco catcher Buster Posey, Washington second baseman Daniel Murphy, Colorado third baseman Nolan ...
- SPORTS BRONCOS SIGN A NEW PLAYER
ENGLEWOOD (AP) – The Denver Broncos have signed six-year veteran cornerback Chris Lewis-Harris and waived cornerbackTaurean Nixon 24 hours after his pick-6 of Paxton Lynch at the team’s mandatory minicamp. Lewis-Harris spent four full seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals before splitting last season between the Bengals and Baltimore Ravens.
Broncos coach Vance Joseph ...
- NEWS LOCAL BASEBALL PLAYERS EARN POST SEASON HONORS
4A Western Slope 1st team All Conference
Glenwood Springs Demons
Sebastian “Chano” Gonzalez, SS /Pitcher Tyler Boyd, 2B
Takoda Cheney, Pitcher/INF Bryer Rew, INF Gabe Marbas, Catcher
Brandon Benzel, 1B
Derek Wagler, SS Drake Montgomery, OF
MLB / ROCKIES
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Tommy Joseph hit a tying ...
- SPORTS GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER PLAYOFFS–4A
Pueblo Centennial—3 Glenwood Springs—2
#17 Coal Ridge vs. # 16Resurrection Christian at Jefferson Academy, Friday, May 12th 5pm
#19 Basalt vs. # 14 Salida at Manitou Springs High School, Friday, May 12th 6pm
#21 Aspen vs. # 13 Middle Park at Liberty Common, Friday, May 12th
HIGH SCHOOL ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: DEMONS, HUSKIES PLAY FREEZE-TAG IN SPLIT EDWARDS (4/29/17) – Baseball in December? Two days from May, and it felt like winter ball as Glenwood Springs and Battle Mountain split an error-plagued doubleheader where it was 32 degrees at first pitch of game one, and snowing by the time Chano Gonzalez struck out the final hitter in an 18-4, five-inning Demon victory ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL
Roaring Fork travels to Coal Ridge for a 3 o’clock game this afternoon. The game will be broadcast live on the internet at KMTS.com and rebroadcast on the radio at 7 pm.
Rifle—The Rifle Invitational tees off at 10 am at Rifle Creek.
Aspen takes on Glenwood at the Glenwood Springs Community Center at ...
- KMTS Baseball: SUMMIT SWEEPS GLENWOOD OUT OF FIRST GLENWOOD SPRINGS(4/8/17) – Gathered inside the announcer’s booth to eat their lunch and get out of the wind between games of a doubleheader they would eventually drop to Summit County, several Glenwood Springs’ baseball players shook their heads in agreement on Tiger pitcher Andrew Shaw, who had just fired a 3-hit, 15-strikeout shutout: he was ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: Romero Hurls Demons into First Place Tie GLENWOOD SPRINGS (4/5) – Steven Romero unveiled a new pitch in a 6-0 win over Eagle Valley, using a swift-breaking curveball to record six of his nine strikeouts, handing the Devils their first league loss and vaulting Glenwood Springs on top of the Western Slope League with a 3-0 record.
Tristen Howe’s 2-run double capped a ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
Glenwood at Vail Mountain 4 pm
Glenwood at Fruita Monument 5 pm
Coal Ridge at Roaring Fork 4 pm
Basalt at Vail Christian 3 pm
Hotchkiss at Coal Ridge 4pm
Rangely at Grand Valley 4pm
Meeker at Roaring ...