- All Country Jam 2016 Performers Announced In celebration of the25th Annual Country Jam festival, additional artists are already being added and announced for one of the biggest country music camping festivals in the United States. Trace Adkins, Big & Rich, Tyler Farr, Joe Nichols, Easton Corbin, Chase Bryant, Darryl Worley, Neal McCoy, Halfway to Hazard and Annie Bosko are scheduled to ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL GOLF
Craig—The Rifle Lady Bears did it again. They captured their 7th team title of the season by winning the Moffat County Invitational Tuesday in Craig.
HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL
The Roaring Fork Rams lost to the visiting Hotchkiss Bulldogs 14 to 3. Today at 4, the Glenwood Demons hope to snap a ...
- NEWS TAX WOES CLOSE POPULAR RIFLE EATERY
Rifle—For the second time in three months, a Rifle business has been forced to close due to tax problems. The popular breakfast hangout, Base Camp was recently seized by the state for nonpayment of taxes. Plastered on the front door of the restaurant on East 3rd Street is ...
- NEWS GLENWOOD CITY MANAGER SEARCH DOWN TO TWO
Glenwood Springs—One of the three finalists for the Glenwood Springs City Manager’s job has dropped out. Former Palmer, Alaska City Manager Joe Hannan has pulled his name from consideration to take another job. That makes it a two-person contest between Debra Figueroa, the Assistant Borough Manager in Carlisle, Pennsylvania ...
- NEWS ROLLOVER NEAR SILT INJURES TWO
Silt—Two women in their early 20’s were injured, one seriously, after being ejected during a rollover accident yesterday morning near Silt. According to reports from the Colorado State Patrol, the women were heading east on I-70 just after 10:30 am when the driver of the 2000 Nissan Maxima drifted ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL
MLB / ROCKIES
Denver—The Colorado Rockies send heralded rookie Jon Gray to the hill tonight to face the Los Angeles Dodgers at Coors Field in his major league debut. The NL West leading Dodgers counter with veteran southpaw Scott Kazmir.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORTS….
- NEWS DENVER (AP) – Denver is celebrating its new train service between downtown and the airport. The train – officially called the University of Colorado A line – began running between Union Station and Denver International Airport on Friday filled with dignitaries.
UNDATED (AP) – Colorado lawmakers are following up on promises to change the state’s system ...
- NEWS JORDAN COVE LNG PIPELINE
Rifle—A project that could pump billions of dollars into the economies of Colorado and across the northwest is still moving forward despite a rejection from the federal government. The Jordan Cove Liquid Natural Gas Pipeline aims to find new markets for a struggling industry. Bob Braddock, the Senior Project Adviser ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBAL SCORES
Glenwood Springs is scheduled to host the Rifle Bears today at 3 in West Glenwood, weather permitting.
The game will be broadcast live on line at KMTS.com and rebroadcast tonight on the radio at 7.
Glenwood edged Eagle Valley last night at Stubler Memorial Field, 3 to 2.
Rifle lost ...
- NEWS GARCO JOINS NEIGHBORS IN PROTEST OVER METHANE RULES
Glenwood Springs—Garfield County joined neighboring counties in opposing the Bureau of Land Management’s proposed rules dealing with methane and waste reduction. A letter addressed to BLM Director Neil Kornze was originally drafted by the lead entity, Mesa County stating opposition to the “Waste Prevention, Production, Subject to ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL GOLF
Aspen—The Rifle Lady Bears captured another team title with yesterday’s victory at the Aspen Invitational Tournament. Rifle finished with a team score of 254. The Lady Bear’s Elly Walters took top individual honors carding an 81. Glenwood Springs was second with a team score of 263. Lauen Murphy led the Lady ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: Demons Suffer Painful Sweep in Palisade PALISADE (4/23/16) – Not only did Glenwood Springs lose a pair of two-run late-inning leads in a tenth inning 11-10 walk-off loss at Palisade, but in dropping the second game, 14-4 in five, senior pitcher Colin Brown injured his arm and had to leave with two outs and the bases loaded.
Coach Eric Nieslanik, choosing not ...
- KMTS Baseball: RIFLE WALKS OFF 9-8 OVER GLENWOOD RIFLE (4/6/16) – How does a team put 17 opposition runners on base via walks and hit batsmen and still manage to win? In “walk-off” style, of course.
After stranding 11 runners through the game’s first six innings, Glenwood’s Stephen Romero cleared the bases in the top of the seventh with a triple to ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: Fenceless Demons Bring Bats to ‘Bonedale Carbondale (3/31/16) – An early April Fool’s trick has forced the Glenwood Springs baseball team to postpone its Western Slope League home opener, which was scheduled for Saturday, April 2, versus Eagle Valley – the fences are in the process of being moved back, but aren’t yet in place.
“It’s frustrating, but we’re trying to stay ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
Coal Ridge—-3 Vail Christian—0
3A State Boys Basketball
Grand Valley—52 (Grand Valley playing Manitou Springs in today’s consolation bracket at the Denver Coliseum)
College Basketball Tournament Results
Las Vegas, NV—The Colorado Buffaloes lost to 15th ranked Arizona 82-78 in quarterfinal action. Number 8 Oregon defeated Washington 83-77. 12th ranked Utah upended USC 80-72. ...
- SPORTS OSWEILER HEADING TO HOUSTON
ENGLEWOOD (AP) – John Elway is scrambling again. The general manager of the Super Bowl champions has a huge hole to fill with Brock Osweiler bolting to the Houston Texans 48 hours after Peyton Manning’s retirement. That leaves Trevor Siemian as the only quarterback on the Denver Broncos roster. The second-year pro ...
- AP Source: Texans agree to multi-year deal with QB Osweiler HOUSTON (AP) – A person familiar with the negotiations says the Houston Texans have agreed to a multiyear contract with free agent quarterback Brock Osweiler.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free-agent deals can’t be finalized until later Wednesday.
The Texans were looking for an upgrade at the position after Brian ...
- KMTS State Basketball Playoffs: TITANS BATTLE BACK BEFORE BOWING OUT IN SWEET 16 AT MANITOU MANITOU SPRINGS – “Life lessons,” Coal Ridge boys basketball coach Paul Harvey observed, watching his red-eyed players being consoled by parents and friends after falling one game short of reaching the Great Eight in the 3A state playoffs, with a 57-46 loss to host Manitou Springs.
“Thirty-one teams (in the state tournament) end up the ...
- KMTS State Playoff Basketball: COAL RIDGE ADVANCES, ROARING FORK AND BASALT SHOW UP WELL, BUT BOW OUT DENVER (3/4/16) – The battle for most valuable player of the Basalt-Pagosa Springs 3A first-round state playoff game, just like the contest itself, not only went down to the wire, but into overtime before the Pirates and senior Briar Erskine advanced to the Sweet Sixteen with a 54-52 victory over Michael Glen and the Longhorns.
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS 3A STATE BRACKETS
PAGOSA SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
6:00pm: #1 Pagosa Springs vs #32 Buena Vista
8:00pm: #16 Grand Valley vs #17 Colorado Springs Christian
Winners play Saturday at 1:00pm
BENNETT HIGH SCHOOL
6:30pm: #8 Bennett vs #25 Jefferson Academy
5:00pm: #9 Centauri vs #24 Academy
Winners play Saturday at 1:00pm
LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL
2:00pm: #5 Lutheran vs #28 Coal Ridge
5:30pm: #12 ...