Colorado Mountain College Senior Center and the Pitkin County Senior Center are sponsoring the AARP Driver Safety Program Thursday.
The program will be given in Aspen August 13th and again in Glenwood Springs on September 14th. The Aspen class is presented at the Pitkin County Senior Center and the Glenwood Springs class will be given at the CMC Glenwood Springs Center 1402 Blake Ave. There is a $12.00 fee for AARP members and a $14.00 for nonmembers to cover classes’ expenses.
Most automobile insurance companies in Colorado offer a discount to those completing the course.
This AARP driver refresher course is directed towards drivers 50 and over.
The program covers the following driving topics:
- How to compensate for changes in vision, hearing, and reaction time;
- How to handle problem situations such as left turns, right of way, freeway traffic, trucks, and blind spots while driving;
- What to do if confronted by an aggressive driver;
- When to use a car phone;
- How medications may affect driving;
- How to properly use anti-lock brakes, air bags, and safety belts;
- How to assess one’s own and others’ driving abilities via a “Personal Driving Capability Index.”
For more information, class times or to enroll call the CMC Senior Center 384-8747