- Hickenlooper Proposes Final Budget DENVER (AP) – Governor John Hickenlooper has presented his last budget request to lawmakers – one he says helps prepare the state for an eventual recession. Today, the term-limited Governor spoke to the Legislature’s Joint Budget Committee. The bipartisan panel will use the proposal in fashioning a state budget for fiscal years 2019-2020 during next ...
- Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes in Colorado Doubled in 2017 DENVER (AP) – Overall reports of bias-motivated incidents in Colorado remain flat, but the number of reported anti-Semitic hate crimes in the state doubled in 2017. FBI data collected by the Anti-Defamation League shows that the number of anti-Jewish hate crimes reported in Colorado doubled from six in 2016 to 13 in 2017. The FBI’s annual report ...
- Adams County Lifts Ban on Oil and Gas Permits DENVER (AP) – Adams County has lifted its temporary ban on new permits for oil and gas drilling after voters last week rejected a ballot proposal to restrict new wells. With a 3-1 vote Tuesday, the Adams County commissioners lifted the temporary ban that had been imposed on Oct. 30. The moratorium had been passed before the ...
- EPA Meeting on Methane Rules Today DENVER (AP) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is holding its only public hearing today on the Trump administration’s plans to roll back Obama-era rules for methane pollution from the oil and gas industry. Nearly 125 people have asked to speak at the daylong session in Denver. The EPA wants to replace a 2016 rule by ...
- KMTS FOOTBALL: BEARS UNABLE TO OVERCOME EARLY DEFICIT, FALL 21-14 IN QUARTERFINALS WINDSOR (11/10/18) – A pick-six interception on Rifle’s first possession and a failed fourth-down try on the next led to two first-quarter touchdowns for Resurrection Christian, which held on for a 21-14 quarterfinal win over the Bears played at Windsor High School Saturday.
Trailing 14-0 with 2:28 to go in the first period, on their third ...
- Cue the baby jokes: Brad Paisley has plenty of ideas as he co-hosts the CMA Awards with a pregnant Carrie Underwood
Next Wednesday, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood host the CMA Awards for the eleventh time.
It’s a year that holds lots of potential — both comic and dramatic — since Carrie is expecting her second child
- 2018 Local Election Results Updated 11/8/2018 7:00AM
Garfield County Results
Pitkin County Results
Eagle County Results
Garfield County Commissioner – District 1
Paula Stepp DEM 48.16
x-Tom Jankovsky REP 51.84
Garfield County Clerk and Recorder
x-Jean Alberico DEM 54.61
Bonnie McLean REP 45.39
Garfield County Sheriff
x-Lou Vallario REP 95.28
Paramroop S. Khalsa 4.72
Garfield County Court Judge – Metzger
Garfield County Court Judge – Pototsky
City of Glenwood Springs ...
- 2018 Key Statewide Races Leading candidates are in bold. Candidates marked “x-” have been declared winners by the Associated Press.
2,704 of 3,219 precincts – 84 percent
x-Jared Polis, Dem 998,183 – 52 percent
Walker Stapleton, GOP 870,051 – 45 percent
Scott Helker, Lib 48,140 – 2 percent
Bill Hammons, Uty 18,458 – 1 percent
U.S. House District 1 Denver
255 of 434 precincts – 59 percent
- 2018 Colorado Proposition Results Constitutional Amendment V – Reduce Assembly Age Minimum From 25 to 21 years old
2,656 of 3,219 precincts – 83 percent
Yes, 659,220 – 35 percent
x-No, 1,228,980 – 65 percent
Constitutional Amendment W – Revise Judge Retention Vote Allow single question
2,571 of 3,219 precincts – 80 percent
Yes, 963,677 – 53 percent
No, 845,148 – 47 percent
Constitutional Amendment X – ...
- Polis Will be Next Colorado Governor DENVER (AP) – Democratic U.S. Rep. Jared Polis has defeated Republican state Treasurer Walker Stapleton in the Colorado governor’s race.
Polis’ victory Tuesday keeps the governor’s seat in Democratic hands. The 43-year-old Polis will succeed the term-limited John Hickenlooper to become Colorado’s first openly gay governor.
Polis is a five-term congressman and technology ...