Glenwood Springs–The Glenwood Canyon Bike path is open from Glenwood to the Grizzly Creek Rest Area. C-DOT officials decided it was finally safe to reopen the path after runoff waters from the Colorado receded. The path east of Grizzly Creek is still closed due to damage caused by the swift moving river.

Glenwood Springs–Officials with a national caving group coming to Glenwood Springs next week are awaiting a judge’s decision on a federal lawsuit attempting to block local cave tours. The National Speleological Society plans to hold a six-day convention in Glenwood starting next Monday. Some environmental groups want to put a stop to the tours because of a deadly disease that’s wiping out bats.

In other news…

AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) – An Air Force pilot from Colorado
who disappeared over North Vietnam in 1966 is being buried at the
Air Force Academy three months after his remains were identified.
Col. Leo S. Boston of Canon City will be buried tomorrow in a
cemetery on the academy grounds. Boston’s remains were identified
with DNA testing.

AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) – The Air Force Academy Board of
Visitors opens two days of meetings tomorrow to be updated on the
school’s academics, discipline and other matters. Most members are
appointed by the president and congressional leaders. Two seats are
reserved for the heads of the Senate and House Armed Services
committees or someone they designate.

DENVER (AP) – Former Gov. Bill Ritter has been credited with
supporting a “new energy economy” built around renewable energy
in Colorado, but a new report suggests the state’s clean economy
still doesn’t lead the country. The Brookings Institution report
says Colorado has 51,000 jobs in businesses that produce goods or
provide services that benefit the environment or conserve natural
resources. That’s 2.2 percent of all jobs in the state, ranking
Colorado 13th among states for concentration of clean economy jobs.

PUEBLO, Colo. (AP) – A 400-pound black bear found roaming
through the south part of Pueblo has been moved out of the
neighborhood. Police tell the Pueblo Chieftain that the bear was
first sighted early yesterday. Sgt. Joe Garcia says police got
several calls about the bear, but no one stuck around after seeing
it to tell officers where it went. Police tracked down the bear and
kept an eye on it until wildlife officials showed up and shot it
with a tranquilizer gun. The bear is being relocated.