Under Stage 2 Fire Restrictions, the following are prohibited. Stage 2 restrictions are in effect throughout the KMTS listening area, on all Forest Service land and all land administered by the Bureau of Land Management Colorado River Valley Office.
Local jurisdictions have the authority to amend these restrictions as they see fit. If you're not sure, ask.
• Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire, charcoal grill, coal, wood-burning stove or sheepherders stove, including in developed camp and picnic grounds. Devices with shut-off valves using pressurized liquid or gas are exempted;
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, trailer or building;
• Using an explosive including but not limited to fuses or blasting caps, fireworks, rockets, exploding targets and tracers or incendiary ammunition;
• Operating a chainsaw without an approved spark arrestor and without a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher and a round-point shovel with an overall length of at least 35 inches that is readily available for use;
• Welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame, except with a current permit, contract or letter of authorization;
• Use of motor vehicles off National Forest system roads, except when parking in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway and except for parking overnight in developed campgrounds and at trailheads