- KMTS BASEBALL: Demons Suffer Painful Sweep in Palisade PALISADE (4/23/16) – Not only did Glenwood Springs lose a pair of two-run late-inning leads in a tenth inning 11-10 walk-off loss at Palisade, but in dropping the second game, 14-4 in five, senior pitcher Colin Brown injured his arm and had to leave with two outs and the bases loaded.
Coach Eric Nieslanik, choosing not ...
- KMTS Baseball: RIFLE WALKS OFF 9-8 OVER GLENWOOD RIFLE (4/6/16) – How does a team put 17 opposition runners on base via walks and hit batsmen and still manage to win? In “walk-off” style, of course.
After stranding 11 runners through the game’s first six innings, Glenwood’s Stephen Romero cleared the bases in the top of the seventh with a triple to ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: Fenceless Demons Bring Bats to ‘Bonedale Carbondale (3/31/16) – An early April Fool’s trick has forced the Glenwood Springs baseball team to postpone its Western Slope League home opener, which was scheduled for Saturday, April 2, versus Eagle Valley – the fences are in the process of being moved back, but aren’t yet in place.
“It’s frustrating, but we’re trying to stay ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
Coal Ridge—-3 Vail Christian—0
3A State Boys Basketball
Grand Valley—52 (Grand Valley playing Manitou Springs in today’s consolation bracket at the Denver Coliseum)
College Basketball Tournament Results
Las Vegas, NV—The Colorado Buffaloes lost to 15th ranked Arizona 82-78 in quarterfinal action. Number 8 Oregon defeated Washington 83-77. 12th ranked Utah upended USC 80-72. ...
- SPORTS OSWEILER HEADING TO HOUSTON
ENGLEWOOD (AP) – John Elway is scrambling again. The general manager of the Super Bowl champions has a huge hole to fill with Brock Osweiler bolting to the Houston Texans 48 hours after Peyton Manning’s retirement. That leaves Trevor Siemian as the only quarterback on the Denver Broncos roster. The second-year pro ...
- AP Source: Texans agree to multi-year deal with QB Osweiler HOUSTON (AP) – A person familiar with the negotiations says the Houston Texans have agreed to a multiyear contract with free agent quarterback Brock Osweiler.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free-agent deals can’t be finalized until later Wednesday.
The Texans were looking for an upgrade at the position after Brian ...
- KMTS State Basketball Playoffs: TITANS BATTLE BACK BEFORE BOWING OUT IN SWEET 16 AT MANITOU MANITOU SPRINGS – “Life lessons,” Coal Ridge boys basketball coach Paul Harvey observed, watching his red-eyed players being consoled by parents and friends after falling one game short of reaching the Great Eight in the 3A state playoffs, with a 57-46 loss to host Manitou Springs.
“Thirty-one teams (in the state tournament) end up the ...
- KMTS State Playoff Basketball: COAL RIDGE ADVANCES, ROARING FORK AND BASALT SHOW UP WELL, BUT BOW OUT DENVER (3/4/16) – The battle for most valuable player of the Basalt-Pagosa Springs 3A first-round state playoff game, just like the contest itself, not only went down to the wire, but into overtime before the Pirates and senior Briar Erskine advanced to the Sweet Sixteen with a 54-52 victory over Michael Glen and the Longhorns.
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS 3A STATE BRACKETS
PAGOSA SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
6:00pm: #1 Pagosa Springs vs #32 Buena Vista
8:00pm: #16 Grand Valley vs #17 Colorado Springs Christian
Winners play Saturday at 1:00pm
BENNETT HIGH SCHOOL
6:30pm: #8 Bennett vs #25 Jefferson Academy
5:00pm: #9 Centauri vs #24 Academy
Winners play Saturday at 1:00pm
LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL
2:00pm: #5 Lutheran vs #28 Coal Ridge
5:30pm: #12 ...