- Sports, April 18th HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER SCORES
Steamboat Springs—7 Rifle—-0
Roaring Fork—6 Rangely—-0
Grand Valley—6 Basalt—-0
Coal Ridge—4 Grand Jct. Central–1
Rifle—The Rifle Bears host the Palisade Bulldogs tonight in a doubleheader at Deerfield Park. The first game is set for 4 o’clock ...
- Sports, April 17th NUGGETS LOSE SEASON FINALE
DENVER (AP) – Jordan Crawford scored a career-high 41 points and Harrison Barnes added 30 as a squad of Golden State backups beat the Denver Nuggets 116-112 Wednesday night. Crawford beat his previous career high of 39 points set against Miami on March, 30, 2011, when he was with ...
- Sports, April 16th HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER SCORES
Steamboat Springs–4 Glenwood Springs–0
Coal Ridge—5 Basalt—0
Grand Valley–10 Rifle—1
Roaring Fork—7 CRMS—0
Grand Junction—22 Glenwood Springs–0
Coal Ridge—9 Cedaredge—-3
San Diego, CA—The Rockies edged the ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: GLENWOOD RALLIES FOR SPLIT AT PALISADE PALISADE (4/12/14) – “I couldn’t be prouder of these guys,” Glenwood baseball coach Eric Nieslanik said after his team rallied twice to hand Palisade its first league loss of the season, 14-9 in the first game of a doubleheader. The Demons dropped the second game, 15-5, but even that loss reflected the growth of ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: RIFLE SQUEEZES BY GLENWOOD IN EXTRA INNINGS RIFLE (4/8/14) – It’s called “Small Ball,” and the Rifle Bears under coach Troy Phillips have excelled at doing the little things right to win baseball games. Their 6-5 extra-inning comeback win over Glenwood Springs Tuesday evening was an excellent example.
The Bears (7-4, 4-3 WSL) parlayed four stolen bases, three bunts, and several ...
- KMTS BASEBALL: Demons Continue Hit Barage, Sweep Rams CARBONDALE (4/5/14) – After rolling up 25 runs in a doubleheader sweep of Battle Mountain midweek, the Glenwood Springs baseball team made it five straight wins and increased the offensive thunder, winning 28-6 and 10-0 in a pair of non-league games at Roaring Fork on Saturday.
Chase Nieslanik (2-1), who had a no-hitter into the sixth ...
- Sports, March 26th AVS SNAP LOSING STREAK IN NASHVILLE
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – Gabriel Landeskog scored two goals in regulation and then netted the winner in the shootout to lead the Colorado Avalanche to a 5-4 victory over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night.Cody McLeod and Nick Holden also for Colorado, which ended a three game losing streak.
NICASIO SHARP ...
- Sports, March 25th GLENWOOD ALUMNUS NAMED COLLEGE ALL-AMERICAN
Grand Junction—Colorado Mesa University senior point guard Sharaya Selsor was one of the best players in women’s college basketball this season. The Glenwood Springs High School graduate was named to the Daktronics All-America 1st Team. It’s the first time a CMU woman has earned such an honor. Selsor, who averaged over ...
- Sports, March 21st HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL SCORES
COAL RIDGE—-15 (Christian Corona hit for the cycle)
GRAND JUNCTION CENTRAL—2
GRAND VALLEY——————-1 OVERTIME
Glenwood competes at the Montrose Invitational Friday and Saturday.
TRACK AND FIELD
Glenwood, Rifle, Grand Valley athletes compete Friday and Saturday at the annual Mickey Dunn Invitational at Stocker Stadium in Grand Junction.
The Avs host the Boston Bruins tonight at 7 ...
- Sports, Marach 19th HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL
The Rifle Bears clobbered the Grand Valley Cardinalson a chilly afternoon in Parachute, 25 to 3. TroyPhillips’ Bears put the game away in the top half ofthe first inning with 15 runs. Rifle is now 4 and 1overall and will host the Delta Panthers this Saturdayin an important league doubleheader. Grand Valley dropped ...