- KMTS FOOTBALL: GADDIS’ BIG PLAYS SHOCK SUMMIT IN CLOSING MINUTES GLENWOOD SPRINGS (10/21/16) – “I saw the high snap, the ball in the air, timed it right and just took off,” Glenwood’s Easton Gaddis said of his 97-yard fumble recovery touchdown run that drained the drama out of what had been a close contest and led to a 39-15 Demon victory over Summit.
The Tigers (2-6, ...
- KMTS FOOTBALL: Balanced Attack Leads Glenwood over Huskies, 38-20 EDWARDS(10/14/16) – With a triple-threat ground game and Jake Townsley passing for nearly two hundred yards, the Glenwood Demons evened their league record at 1-1, easily defeating Battle Mountain, 38-20.
Sophomore Luke Gair emerged as more than just the receiving and kick return threat he had been through the first six games of the season, dashing ...
- SPORTS BRONCOS LOSE SECOND STRAIGHT
SAN DIEGO (AP) – Philip Rivers threw for 178 yards and one touchdown, passing Hall of Famer Dan Fouts to become San Diego’s career passing leader, and the Chargers held off the Denver Broncos 21-13 on Thursday night. The victory may have saved embattled coach Mike McCoy’s job.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORTS…
CLEVELAND (AP) – ...
- KMTS Football: GLENWOOD EXCEEDS 2015 WIN TOTAL GLENWOOD SPRINGS (9/30/16) – After raising expectations with an impressive 30-6 Homecoming victory over Pueblo Central and doubling last season’s win total, Glenwood Springs will open Western Slope League play at Palisade on Thursday.
Two weeks ago the Demons (2-3) matched their single victory in 2015 with a 48-7 thrashing of Steamboat Springs, which dropped down ...
- SPORTS BRONCOS IMPROVE TO 4 AND O
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Rookie quarterback Paxton Lynch made his NFL debut sooner than expected Sunday, stepping in for injured starter Trevor Siemian to help the Denver Broncos remain unbeaten with a 27-7 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Siemian left the game with two minutes remaining in the first half ...
- SPORTS BRONCOS ‘D’ THROTTLES LUCK IN WIN OVER COLTS
DENVER (AP) – Von Miller gave the Denver fans a reminder of his Super Bowl 50 MVP performance, sweeping in for the sack-strip of Andrew Luck that sealed the Broncos’ 34-20 win over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. With the Broncos clinging to a six-point lead with 1:51 remaining, ...
- KMTS FOOTBALL: GLENWOOD SINKS SAILORS, 48-7 STEAMBOAT SPRINGS (9/16/16) — Under a full moon in Steamboat Springs, Glenwood’s football team matched its win total of a year ago with a 48-7 thrashing of the Sailors.
The Demons, after dropping a one-point decision against Kennedy in their second game of the season, used a devastating first-quarter ground game to punish Steamboat, which ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE
Glenwood hosts Grand Junction Central tonight at 6 o’clock. Palisade visits Carbondale tonight to take on Roaring Fork.
Rifle travels to Palisade for a 6:30 match with the Bulldogs. Roaring Fork entertains Basalt in a league match at 6.
Phoenix, AZ—The Rockies blew a three-run lead in the sixth inning when Yasmany Tomas ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL
Glenwood—3 Grand Junction Central—0
Roaring Fork—3 Moffat County——-1
Paonia—-3 Coal Ridge————-1
Grand Junction—2 Glenwood—–1
Coal Ridge——7 Rifle——1
Rifle—-13 Eagle Valley—3
Rifle—-3 Eagle Valley—-2
DENVER (AP) – Kelby Tomlinson hit a one-out, tiebreaking single in the ninth and ...
- SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
Steamboat Springs at Glenwood Springs 6 pm
Eagle Valley at Rifle 6 pm
Aspen at Vail Mountain 4 pm
Demon Invitational Tournament (Chavez-Spencer Gymnasium)
Roaring Fork at Glenwood Springs 6 pm
(Other school in the tournament include Denver Christian, Rangely and Grand Valley)
Denver—The Colorado Rockies split Wednesday’s doubleheader at Coors Field winning game ...