- KMTS Basketball Playoffs: COAL RIDGE TEAMS CLINCH 3A STATE BIDS PEACH VALLEY(2/24/15) – “That was a little too exciting,” Coal Ridge coach Paul Harvey remarked after his Titans advanced to the next round in 3A Western Slope League district play with a 61-56 win over Gunnison Tuesday.
The fourth-seeded Titans (10-10), who will meet No. 1 Moffat County (16-4) on Friday at Grand Junction Central High ...
- 4A Regional Brackets 2015 CHSAA State Boys Basketball Championships Class 4A//
2015 CHSAA State Girls Basketball Championships Class 4A//
- GLENWOOD TAKES THIRD IN DISTRICTS, LADY BEARS LOSE GRAND JUNCTION (1/21/15) – As the teams came off the floor from pre-game warmups in the 4A boys Western Slope League district third-place game, Glenwood Springs’ coach Cory Hitchcock told his team, “Put a smile on your faces, it’s basketball.” The Demons, who came into the tourney as the No. 1 seed, but ...
- 4A District Basketball GLENWOOD, RIFLE LOSE IN SEMIS, PLAY FOR THIRD GRAND JUNCTION (1/20/15) – Playing in the 5A Southwest League proved to be a good training ground for the Durango Demons, who despite an overall losing record, defeated the Glnewood Springs boys 51-37 Friday at Colorado Mesa University to advance to the championship of the 4A Western Slope League district tournament .
Durango (11-12), seeded ...
- KMTS Playoff Basketball: Lady Bears Go Cold Against Palisade GRAND JUNCTION (1/20/15) – The Rifle Lady Bears, seeded sixth in the Western Slope League district tournament and coming off a 44-30 overtime upset of No. 2 Glenwood Springs Thursday, weren’t able to ride that momentum into the semi-finals. Rifle missed its first 13 shots and lost to league champion Palisade, 36-25, in semi-final ...
- RIFLE GIRLS UPSET GLENWOOD; DEMON BOYS ADVANCE GRAND JUNCTION (1/19/15) – A torch was passed in the first round of the 4A Western Slope girls district basketball tournament Thursday. With Glenwood Springs senior, and likely player-of-the-year, Madi Spence watching from the bench after fouling out, Rifle sophomore Samantha Hinkle scored nine points in a 14-0 overtime blitz that sends ...
- Sports / District Tournament Brackets
Quarterfinals Thursday, Feb. 19th
6:00pm: #1 Montrose (15-4) vs #8 Summit (6-14) (Col. Mesa Univ.)
3:00pm: #4 Durango (14-6) vs #5 Eagle Valley (15-5) (Palisade HS)
6:00pm: #3 Glenwood Springs (16-4) vs #6 Rifle (Palisade HS)
3:00pm: #2 Palisade (18-2) vs #7 Delta (10-10) (CMU)
Semifinals Friday, Feb. 20th
Championship Round Saturday, Feb. 21st
2:00pm: (Championship) (both games ...
- KMTS Basketball: DEMON BOYS WIN TITLE, GIRLS AWAIT DISTRICT SEEDING GLENWOOD SPRINGS (2/14/15) – “We didn’t want a coin flip,” Glenwood Springs boys basketball coach Cory Hitchcock explained after his team won the Western Slope League title outright by pounding challenger Steamboat Springs, 69-36, in the regular season finale at Chavez-Spencer Gymnasium on Valentines’ Day.
The Lady Demons also won easily, 67-30, positioning themselves behind first-place ...
- Sports LAS VEGAS (AP) – Naismith Hall of Fame coach Jerry Tarkanian has died at 84, two days after he was hospitalized with an infection and breathing difficulties. The towel-chewing Tarkanian won the 1990 NCAA championship with UNLV, took the Runnin’ Rebels to four Final Fours and was 509-105 in 19 seasons at the school. He ...