- NEWS PARACHUTE MAN COPS PLEA IN BABY’S DEATH
Glenwood Springs—Matthew Ogden, the Parachute man who killed his one month old daughter in the summer of 2015, agreed to a plea bargain. The 31 year old man pled guilty to child abuse resulting in the death. Ogden entered his plea last week for the June 20, 2015, death ...
- NEWS NO LEFT TURNS
Glenwood Springs—C-DOT work crews began building the walls today for the new Grand Avenue Bridge between 7th and 8th Street. The bad news is from now until next spring, there will be no left turns on 8th Street for motorists coming into town over the bridge.
COLORADO COAL COMPANY EYES SYNTHETIC GAS PLANT
Paonia—There’s some ...
- NEWS DRUNKEN CONFESSION
ASPEN (AP) – A Glenwood Springs man who was overheard by an Aspen police detective laughing about being drunk at the time of a car accident he had pleaded not guilty to has been sentenced to more than a year in jail. 21-year-old Colin Buchanan was sentenced Monday to nearly 400 days in jail ...
- NEWS BLM SUED BY O AND G INDUSTRY OVER METHANE RULES
Denver—The Bureau of Land Management’s rule dealing with venting and flaring of methane is being challenged in court by the oil and gas industry. The Western Energy Alliance and the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPPA), filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court to have the ...
- Officials Find no Evidence of Ratially-Motivated Display at Coal Ridge High School Rumors of a racially-motivated display at Coal Ridge High School this week are so far unfounded, according to Garfield RE-2 Director of Districtwide Services, Theresa Hamilton.
The rumors began to spread on Facebook and were brought to KMTS’ attention Friday morning. Hamilton says an investigation by District officials and the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office was immediately begun. ...
- NEWS HARVEY GAP ROAD REOPENS
Silt—At long last, after a nearly three month closure, Harvey Gap Road is fully repaired and reopened to traffic. The busy county road had to be closed August 13th when a section of it collapsed due to water flowing underneath. Garfield County Road and Bridge crews along with SGM Engineering and the ...
- 2016 Election Results 2016 Election Results from Garfield and Pitkin Counties (with Statewide Offices and Questions)
- NEWS ELECTION DAY 2016
Glenwood Springs—Not long after the polls opened this morning, over two-thirds of the ballots sent out to Garfield County voters had been returned. About 30 thousand were mailed out last month and so far, Republican ballots outnumber Democrat ballots by about one thousand. Statewide, that margin is closer to 20 thousand. The intriguing ...
- NEWS ELECTION DEADLINE
Glenwood Springs—Today is the last day to turn in your voter registration by mail, fax or e-mail if you want to a ballot delivered to your home. Everyone that applies after today will be notified to show up in person to a voter service or polling center. Garfield County Clerk and Recorder Jean Alberico ...
- NEWS HALLOWEEN DUI ENFORCEMENT
Rifle—Halloween is three days away but the weekend leading up to it means a lot of costumed party-goers will be consuming a few spooky beverages. The Colorado State Patrol is warning everyone to drink responsibly and do not get behind the wheel. Additional troopers, officers and deputies will be on the road this ...
- ANOTHER HONOR FOR BUFFS’ FOOTBALL COACH COLORADO’S MIKE MACINTYRE NAMED 2016 WALTER CAMP COACH OF THE YEAR
NEW HAVEN, CT – Mike MacIntyre, head coach of the University of Colorado Buffaloes, has been named the Walter Camp 2016 Coach of the Year. The Walter Camp Coach of the Year is selected by the nation’s 129 Football Bowl Subdivision head coaches and sports ...
- KMTS Basketball Schedule KMTS Basketball Schedule
Saturday, December 3, Witchita State @ CSU (Men) – 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 7, Xavier @ CU (Men) – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 8, CSU @ CU (Women) – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, December 9, Canon City @ Glenwood Springs – 6:30 & 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 10, Alamosa @ Glenwood Springs – 1:00 & 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December ...
- RYAN MOELLER, CU BUFFS RAKE IN POST SEASON AWARDS
MacIntyre Named Pac-12 Coach of the Year; 16 Buffs Draw All-Pac-12 Honors
By: Jason Clay, Associate SID
Release: November 29, 2016
MacIntyre First Coach Of The Year Since Barnett In 2004; CU’s 16 Honorees Trail USC & Washington’s 18 For Most In Pac-12
SAN FRANCISCO – Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre has been named the Pac-12 Conference Coach of the Year ...
- SPORTS SCORES 3A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS
Nov 17 – 19Quarterfinals
Nov 24 – 26Semifinals
G1311/26 @ 1p
at District 20 Stadium
G1411/26 @ 1p
at Mead HS
AP-ScorecardHere are the latest scores from Sunday’s sports ...
- SPORTS STATE VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT RESULTS
Denver—The Coal Ridge Titans were swept this morning by the defending state champion and top seeded Eaton Reds 25-13, 25-13 and 25-21. Coal Ridge will take on Sterling tomorrow morning at 9:30 with hopes of advancing to the consolation round.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS
Broomfield—The Rifle Bears travel to Broomfield to battle the Tigers ...
- SPORTS STATE 3A FOOTBALL PLAYOFF BRACKET
FRI/7:00PM: #1 Discovery Canyon (10-0) vs #16 Skyview (6-4)
FRI/7:00PM: #8 Conifer (9-1) vs #9 Fort Morgan (9-1)
FRI/7:00PM: #4 Lewis Palmer (9-1) vs #13 Longmont (6-4)
SAT/11:00AM: #5 Silver Creek (10-0) vs #12 Durango (7-3)
FRI/7:00PM: #3 Palisade (9-1) vs #14 Evergreen (6-4)
SAT/1:00PM: #6 Palmer Ridge (8-2) vs #11 Mead (7-3)
SAT/1:00PM: #7 Holy Family ...
- SPORTS STATE 3A VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (Denver Coliseum)
The Class 3A State volleyball tournament bracket with three-time defending state champion Eaton earning the number one seed as expected.
#12 Coal Ridge
#7 Middle Park
#11 Platte Valley
#3 Colorado Springs Christian
#6 Resurrection Christian
#9 Pagosa Springs
FRIDAY SCHEDULE (matches begin at 8:00am with ...
- KMTS FOOTBALL: Seniors Earn Third with Final Home Win, 33-6 over Eagle GLENWOOD SPRINGS (11/4/16) – Long after eleven senior Glenwood Springs football players had knelt in front of the home stands, surrounded by teammates, coaches and cheerleaders and sung the school fight song for the last time along with classmates, friends, and family, Burley Quoetone, remained on one knee, head bowed, where the red, black, and ...
- SPORTS 2016 CHSAA State Football Playoffs – CHSAA 2A Football Playoffs
Nov 3 – 5Round 1
G211/5 @ 1p
G311/5 @ 1p
3The Classical Academy
G611/5 @ 2p
@ Kent Denver
G811/4 @ 7p
@ Fossil Ridge High School
Nov 10 – 12Quarterfinals
Nov 17 – 19Semifinals