Undated announcements (Community information that doesn’t have a specific date/time attached.):
- South Canyon Landfill Closed Due To High Winds
- Town of Silt Water System Outage On Tuesday November 8th
- New City of Glenwood Springs Offices Business Hours
- Town of Marble Limits Truck & Trailer Parking
- Extra Debris In The Rivers & Streams
- Glenwood Springs Fire Department Suspends New & Existing Burn Permits
- The Garfield County Fair Announces The Friday Night Headliner for Fair 2022!
- Glenwood Springs Earth Day Celebration, Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day
- Hiking Safety Alert
- This event has passed.
Americans with Disabilities Celebration In Glenwood Springs
July 26 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Glenwood Springs, Colo. – The City of Glenwood Springs is hosting its first Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Celebration on Tuesday, July 26th from 6-8 p.m. at Two Rivers Park (740 Devereux Rd, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601). The ADA Celebration event will include live music performances, family friendly activities, disability-focused speakers, and adaptive sport demonstrations from local disability-driven nonprofit organizations.
The event will feature guests from The Arc of Central Mountains, Challenge Aspen, Mountain Valley Developmental Services, Art on 8th, Mountain Valley Greenhouse, Ascendigo Autism Services, and the City of Glenwood Springs Parks and Recreation Department.
This ADA Celebration event is about celebrating our local disability community and inclusivity in Glenwood Springs. All are welcome to join. American Sign Language and Spanish Interpreting Services will be available during the event.
The historic Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 was passed thirty-two years ago on July 26, 1990, and is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on disability in the areas of employment, state and local government services, public accommodations, transportation, commercial facilities, and telecommunications.
If you are interested in helping volunteer for the event, contact Kaleb Cook, Supervisor of Therapeutic Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about opportunities.