Undated announcements (Community information that doesn’t have a specific date/time attached.):
- South Canyon Landfill Closure
- New City of Glenwood Springs Offices Business Hours
- Town of Marble Limits Truck & Trailer Parking
- Extra Debris In The Rivers & Streams
- Glenwood Springs Fire Department Suspends New & Existing Burn Permits
- The Garfield County Fair Announces The Friday Night Headliner for Fair 2022!
- Glenwood Springs Earth Day Celebration, Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day
- Hiking Safety Alert
- This event has passed.
LocoMotion: Science and Circus Arts Show at the Garfield County Libraries
June 21 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Your Garfield County Libraries are excited to host Peter Davison as part of the weekly Summer Reading Challenge events for children. Davison is a national juggling champion, theatre artist, and aficionado of classical physics. His one-man show LocoMotion features juggling, balancing, spinning, unicycling, clowning, and more, while revealing the Newtonian Physics behind the artistry. LocoMotion is filled with laughs, gasps, and participation! Audiences of all ages are inspired to think about – and experience – the science of motion. The events will begin on Tuesday, June 21 at 11 a.m. at the Glenwood Springs Branch Library and at 1:30 p.m. at the Carbondale Branch Library. Then on Wednesday, June 22 we’ll begin at 11 a.m. at the New Castle Branch Library and at 1:30 p.m. at the Silt Branch Library. The final two events will be on Thursday, June 23 at 11 a.m. at the Parachute Branch Library and at 1:30 p.m. at the Rifle Branch Library. All events are free and open to the public. Visit www.gcpld.org/summer-reading to get more information and participate in the Summer Reading Challenge.