Undated announcements (Community information that doesn’t have a specific date/time attached.):
- Garfield County Closures for President’s Day
- City of Glenwood Springs Closures for President’s Day
- City of Glenwood Springs Closures
- South Canyon Landfill Closed Due To High Winds
- Town of Silt Water System Outage On Tuesday November 8th
- New City of Glenwood Springs Offices Business Hours
- Town of Marble Limits Truck & Trailer Parking
- Extra Debris In The Rivers & Streams
- Glenwood Springs Fire Department Suspends New & Existing Burn Permits
- The Garfield County Fair Announces The Friday Night Headliner for Fair 2022!
- This event has passed.
The 7th Annual Iron Fly Competition
February 11 @ 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Looking for something fun to do on a cold winter evening? Look no further. Join Roaring Fork Conservancy and Roaring Fork Valley Fly Fishing Club for the 7th annual Iron Fly Competition on Saturday, February 11 at The Tipsy Trout in Basalt.
Iron Fly is a fly tying competition combined with a little, friendly competition. Competitors are provided with secret and “funky” materials that must be used in each fly. And, there are no rules to this competition – cheating is okay, so is bribing the judges, and new rules can be implemented at any time, ha! (Can’t handle the rules? Consider not competing and be a spectator. This is a fun event not to be taken too seriously.)
The youth division for ages 16 and under, starts at 5:30pm. Adult division starts at 7:00pm.
COMPETITORS should bring a fly tying vise and fly tying tools (a few will be available to borrow). Fly tying materials will be provided.
Competitors are asked to register before noon on Friday, February 10.
Additional details and registration can be found at http://www.roaringfork.org/events/iron-fly-competition-feb-11/
Saturday, February 11, 2022
The Tipsy Trout, 181 Basalt Center Circle, Basalt, CO
COST: Youth: FREE / Spectators: $5 / Adult Competitors: $20
Proceeds benefit Roaring Fork Conservancy and Roaring Fork Valley Fly Fishing Club’s fly fishing programs.
Questions? Please contact Tom Skutley, President of Roaring Fork Valley Fly Fishing Club, at (970) 379-9114
Since 1996, Roaring Fork Conservancy has inspired people to explore, value, and protect the Roaring Fork Watershed. We bring people together to protect our rivers and work to keep water in local streams, monitor water quality, and preserve riparian habitat. Roaring Fork Conservancy is an independent, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. For more information call (970) 927-1290 or visit www.roaringfork.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.