Undated announcements (Community information that doesn’t have a specific date/time attached.):
- South Canyon Landfill Closure
- New City of Glenwood Springs Offices Business Hours
- Town of Marble Limits Truck & Trailer Parking
- Extra Debris In The Rivers & Streams
- Glenwood Springs Fire Department Suspends New & Existing Burn Permits
- The Garfield County Fair Announces The Friday Night Headliner for Fair 2022!
- Glenwood Springs Earth Day Celebration, Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day
- Hiking Safety Alert
- This event has passed.
The Garfield County Energy Advisory Board Monthly Meeting
May 5 @ 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
The Garfield County Energy Advisory Board (EAB) invites you to join us for an educational presentation Thursday, May 5th, at the Garfield County Rifle Administration Building, 195 W. 14th Street, 2nd floor in Rifle. Dinner and social time for all attendees at 5:30 p.m. and the meeting begins at 6 p.m. We hope you can join us and consider telling your friends, colleagues and interested parties about EAB. Please see the attached meeting agenda.
It is requested to kindly RSVP if you will attend so we may plan for catered food with an approximate attendee count.
Featured educational presentation:Local economic impacts of state oil and gas rulemakings
- Garfield County recently commissioned a study to evaluate how recent (Post SB19-181) COGCC and Air Quality Control Commission oil and gas rulemakings may impact the local regulatory compliance cost of conducting exploration and production activities and the resulting effects on the local economy and local agency and special district tax revenues in the short and long term. Dr. Timothy Considine, Professor of Energy Economics, School of Energy Resources, University of Wyoming will present the results of his recently completed study and report.
We look forward to seeing you and working with you to fulfill our EAB mission:
The EAB shall provide a forum for the oil and gas industry, the public, impacted landowners and local government to prevent or minimize conflict associated with oil and gas development through positive and proactive communication and actions that encourage responsible and balanced development of these resources within Garfield County.